Licensing, buying & selling trademarks.
Where you are looking to buy, sell, license or franchise using your trademarks – or you are legal counsel involved in such a transaction – we can help. Title to registered Canadian trademarks is transferred by filing a formal “assignment”.
We help with:
- Due diligence
- Portfolio analysis
- The legal agreements
- Preparing assignments
- Filing assignments to change the ownership of trademark registrations
Assignments of trademarks must be registered in Canada to effect a change of the register. In order to register a valid trademark assignment:
- the assignment must be signed by the assignor
- the signature of the assignor must be witnessed
- the signature of the assignee is not required
- the assignment does not need to be notarized
- the government fee is $100
- our fee to assist with the preparation of an assignment is $175+
- our fee to register an already prepared assignment is $100